Terms and conditions
Plum Baby Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Any use by you of this site is subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions, regardless of whether or not you choose to register with us, set out in this legal notice. Please also see our privacy statement.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions please leave the site now.
WE MAY MODIFY THESE CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME. ANY SUCH MODIFICATIONS ARE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY FROM THE TIME THEY ARE INCLUDED ON THE WEBSITE. YOU AGREE TO REVIEW THESE CONDITIONS REGUARLY TO ENSURE YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THEM.
1. General Information
For your information, we set out some general information about us:
The site is made available by Plum Baby Limited – referred to in these Conditions as “we”, “us” or “our”.
Plum Baby Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company no.5100794). Registered Office –The Old Boathouse, Mill Lane, Taplow, Berkshire SL6 0AA
This site is directed to adults in the United Kingdom and is not intended for children under the age of 16. By registering to this Web Site you confirm that you are 16 years or over and that you are a UK resident.
Registration to Plum Mums is open to all UK residents.
We may at our sole discretion refuse registration to the site.
Any user name and/or password we issue to you are personal to you and you may not share these with and/or transfer these to any third party.
You are solely responsible for any user name and/or password that we issue to you and shall immediately notify us if you are aware of any breach of security and/or unauthorised use of your user name and/or password.
We may at our sole reasonable discretion, suspend or cancel your registration if you breach any of these Conditions.
4. Public Areas & Blog Comments
Parts of the Service (such as Plum News) provide an opportunity for users to exchange information, news and views. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and users should refer to the specific terms and conditions of use of the forum areas (please see Blog Comments Rules) before using these services. If you access and/or use the blog areas, you will be deemed to have accepted the Blog Comments Rules.
5. Visitor Material And Content
You are solely responsible for all content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available to or through the site. By doing so, you (1) represent and warrant to us that such content is not confidential and that you have all necessary permission to submit, post and otherwise make available such content; (2) grant to us and our affiliates a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute (including, without limitation, making available on-line, electronically transmitting or otherwise communicating to the public), perform, and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide via the site or otherwise, and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed; and (3) consent to all relevant acts or omissions in relation to your moral rights in such content which may or might otherwise constitute a breach or infringement of those moral rights and to the extent permitted by law, waive all your moral rights in such content.
You warrant that any materials posted by you to our blog, bulletin boards and discussion forums or otherwise submitted to this site, whether ideas, creative concepts or other materials, may be used and disclosed by us without restriction for whatever purpose we deem fit and without payment of any sum or acknowledgement of you as their source.
WE SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH MATERIALS BY US TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Plum Baby Limited reserves the right to alter or remove any video/image submitted through any Plum competition according to Plum Baby Limited guidelines. By submitting a video or image you are confirming that you expressly grant Plum Baby Limited the right to share this content across their own channels such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. Plum Baby Limited is not responsible for the privacy practices carried out by third parties. If you do not want us to retain or use your content in any way, please do not provide the content to us or, if you have already provided personal content and wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at Plum Baby Limited, The Old Boathouse, Mill Lane, Taplow, SL6 0AA
We endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, but we do not warrant its accuracy or completeness. We may make changes to this website, or to the products and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
The material on this website is provided without any condition, warranty or other term of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law we provide you with this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which but for these terms and conditions might have effect in relation to this website.
6. Compliance With Laws
You agree to comply with all laws applicable to your use of the site. You also agree that you will not use the site in any way to:
impersonate any person or entity;
- falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
- interfere with, disrupt, or harm in any way the site or servers or networks connected to the site;
- electronically stalk or otherwise harass another user of the site;
- engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to collecting and distributing information about other users of the site without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law;
- use the site in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, or any rules or guidelines established by Plum Baby Limited;
- send unsolicited mass communications;
- post or transmit material that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or privacy or which may be detrimental to our reputation or to the reputation of any third party, cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- send mail bombs, trojan horses, viruses or other disruptive programs or code; and/or
- violate the security of the site or engage in unauthorised decompilation and/or decryption of protected materials.
We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting any material in breach of these Conditions. Any breach of these Conditions may lead to us reporting your activities to your internet service provider, your employer, the Police, relevant authorities and/or to legal action being taken against you.
7. Other legal notices
There are other legal notices on areas of this site which relate to your use of such areas, such as our privacy statement.
8. Ownership and Intellectual Property Rights
This site is owned by us. All right, title to, and interest in the content available via the site, in the site’s look and feel, the underlying software, any sound, images, designs, trademarks, service marks, and trade names displayed on the site, and the site URLs, are the property of us, one of our group companies or our licensors, and are protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws.
All trademarks, service marks, logos and designs used on this site, whether registered or unregistered, are owned by us, other companies within or group or other third parties. You may not use or display any trademarks, service marks, logos or designs owned by us, our affiliates or otherwise appearing on the site, without the prior written consent of us or the relevant third party.
We grant you a nonexclusive, non transferable, revocable and limited license to view, copy, print, and distribute content retrieved from the site only for your personal, non commercial use, provided that you do not remove or obscure any copyright notice, trademark notice, or other proprietary rights notices displayed on or in conjunction with the content. You may not use any content available via the site in any other manner or for any other purpose without our prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted in these Conditions are expressly reserved to us.
9. Other Web Sites / Links to Other Websites
The site, or third parties on the site, may provide links to other sites and/or resources, including advertisers, over which we have no control. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users to the site and should not be construed as an endorsement by us of content, items, or services on those third-party websites. You access and use such sites, including the content, items, or services on those sites, solely at your own risk. We make no representations or warranties with respect to the content, personal information collection practices, ownership, or legality of any such linked websites. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the availability of such external sites or resources, or for the content, advertising, products, or other materials available through such sites or resources.
We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of linking to any site from the site to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage we or any of our group companies may suffer or incur as a result of your breach of the above
10. Plum Experts
Plum Baby employs a health visitor and paediatric dietitian to give advice to users of the site via e-mail when requested, the Plum Blog and social media activity such as Facebook. If one of the team of experts decides to terminate working for Plum Baby we do not promise to update any imagery including names of the experts and photos that have been used to promote these experts.
Please note that viruses and similar destructive programs are an inherent risk of communication via the internet. We will use our reasonable endeavors to prevent contamination of any material sent to you with any virus or similar destructive code.
We do not, to the maximum extent permitted by law, accept any liability for any viruses or similar destructive code which my infect computer equipment and/or software used by you, as a result of your accessing our site and/or any other communication via the Internet between you and ourselves.
It is your responsibility to scan what you choose to download from our site to ensure that it is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other similar destructive code.
12. Service Access Disclaimer of Warranties With Respect to Site
The site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non infringement.
We do not make any warranty that the site will meet your requirements, or that access to the site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, or that defects, if any, will be corrected. We make no warranties as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the site or as to the accuracy, quality, or reliability of any information obtained through the site.
We may at any time modify, discontinue, or suspend operation of this site, or any part thereof, temporarily or permanently, without notice to you.
Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the site is used at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such content. You should always verify the information set out in the site with independent authorities before acting on it.
We do not have any obligation to prescreen, edit, or remove any content provided by users that is posted on or available through the site. However, we will have the right (but not the obligation), in our sole discretion and for any reason, to prescreen, edit, refuse to accept, remove, or move any such content.
13. Limitations of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law we (and all of our sister, parent and subsidiary companies) exclude all liability for any loss or damage (including but not limited to direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or damage, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill and/or business) suffered by you as a result of your use of the site or of any materials provided on it or downloaded from it or your inability to use this site or any error in the provision of this site or any computer virus transmitted through this site whether such loss or damage arises in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise and even if we are expressly informed of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for (i) death or personal injury due to our negligence or (ii) for any liability which is due to fraud or (iii) any other liability which we are not permitted to exclude or limit as a matter of law.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our directors, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates, from and against any and all liability, damages, losses, claims, expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) directly or indirectly related to (1) your breach of these Conditions; or (2) the content you submit, post, or transmit through the site.
15. Termination of Your Access
We may at any time terminate your use of the site and may remove or delete any or all of your content within the site, without prior notice to you, for any reason that we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
If any provision of these Conditions is found by a court or other binding authority to be invalid, you agree that every attempt shall be made to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in that provision, and the remaining provisions contained in these Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
17. Applicable Law
These Conditions and the resolution of any dispute related to these Conditions or the site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any legal action or proceeding between us and you related to these Conditions shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in the United Kingdom, and you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
18. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to these Conditions or the site you may contact a representative of Plum Baby Limited by e-mail at email@example.com or by post at Plum Baby Limited, The Old Boathouse, Mill Lane, Taplow, SL6 0AA
19. Offers and promotions
All offers and promotions communicated via the site are to be available to UK residents only and are subject to availability.
20. Modifications to Conditions
We reserve the right to change and update these terms and conditions without notice, as we deem appropriate.
Terms and Conditions
Status terms constitute a legal documents (“the Agreement”) which sets our the right and obligations of you as a purchaser (“you”) and those of Plum Baby Limited (“Plum Baby”) (“us or we”), in relation to products/services offered by us through this site. The ‘Online Shop’ Terms and Conditions are in addition to the ‘General Website’ Terms and Conditions. It is therefore advised that you read these in full. By registering to the Plum Baby shop site, you agree to the all terms and conditions of this Agreement, and the Plum Baby General Website terms and conditions and re-affirm that the agreement every time you use our service. If you do not accept these terms please exit the site immediately.
Plum Baby many revise these Terms & Conditions at any time, so you should review them periodically to ensure proper compliance, as they are binding on you.
- You agree to: provide, accurate current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
- Maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current and incomplete, or Plum Baby Limited has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Plum Baby has the right to suspend and terminate your account, cease supply and refuse you any all current or future use of the Plum Baby shop.
1. Placing an order
You are deemed to place an order with us by ordering via our online checkout process. As part of the checkout process, you will be given the opportunity to check your order and to correct any errors. We will send you an order acknowledgement, detailing the products you have ordered.
Our acceptance of an order takes place when the order is despatched to you. We will send you a despatch confirmation by email. Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order, the purchase contract will be made even if your payment has been processed immediately.
We may refuse to accept an order:
(a) where goods are not available;
(b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
(c) if there has been a pricing or product description error; or
(d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions.
In the event that goods ordered by you are not available, Plum Baby reserves the right to provide you with goods of similar quality and specification and will inform you as such by email.
Plum Baby accepts all the major credit cards carrying the Visa and Mastercard logo. Please enter all card relevant details where applicable. Please be aware that some newer switch cards do not have ISSUE numbers in these cases please use all other details including the security digits on the reverse of the card.
3. Payments & Refunds
Secure Online Payment
To make sure you always have the highest level of security, your payment details are automatically encrypted when you enter them. You can pay for your online order using Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, MasterCard, JCB, Delta, Switch and Solo cards.
Please note we don’t accept AMEX / Diners Club.
4. Cancellation and Returns Policy
You have the right to cancel either:
- within 48 hours from the date of delivery, or
- within 12 hours from the date Plum Baby sent the order confirmation to you.
The cancellation notice should be sent by email to Plum Baby at firstname.lastname@example.org and must state your name, description of goods and order number; attaching the order confirmation Plum Baby sent you. This will also assist in Plum Baby in processing your cancellation as quickly as possible.
If you order has not been dispatched, the cancellation process will be completed within 48 hours, refunding your debit/credit card
Where Plum Baby have supplied good to you, you must take reasonable care of goods in your possession pending their return to Plum Baby. Plum Baby will only accept the returned goods in their original packaging and which have been unopened. If otherwise, this will invalidate your right to cancel the contract.
You must return the goods to Plum Baby by registered post or similar within 5 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays) from the date of Cancellation Notice. You are responsible for the cost of returning the goods to Plum Baby and the risk of damage to the goods in transit. If the goods are damaged in transit Plum Baby reserves the right to refuse a refund, and it will be your responsibility to seek compensation from the carrier.
Once Plum Baby has received the returned goods and satisfied itself that you have compiled with clause 4.3, it will send you confirmation by email that the return of goods has been accepted by Plum Baby and will immediately make refund of the contract price to your debit or credit card used to purchase the goods.
Plum Baby will not be held responsible for goods seized by customs officials. Customers are advised to check with their local customs office for a list of restrictions governing import goods.
Local taxes & duties are payable by the customer on receipt of goods. Customers are advised to check with their local customs office for a list of products which carry import duties and taxes.
The Delivery cost is a set price regardless of number of products purchased. This is set at £2.95 for UK delivery and £4.95 for Ireland Delivery, unless otherwise stated.
All delivery timescales are subject to product availability, delivery should normally be within 24 hours but can take up to 3 working days from when you received the confirmation email.
All parcels will be delivered by our secure carrier and signatures will be required when delivered. Any queries please email email@example.com
Delivery will be between the hours of 8am and 6pm, we are unable to confirm a time. If a receipt cannot be obtained, a card will be left with a contact number for you to collect the goods from the local courier’s depot or request another delivery date.
We are unable to deliver outside of UK and Ireland; this includes to Post Office (P.O.) boxes or shipping agent addresses.
The goods will not be held by the local courier for longer than five days, after which they will be returned to us to await your further instructions. You will be charge the couriers return carriage rates and later re-dispatch costs.
6. Complaint Handling Procedure
We welcome all feedback to help us improve our service on the Plum Baby shop. If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of the ordering process of Plum Baby ordering service, please contact us immediately. We will endeavor to respond to your comments with five working days, and we would hope to resolve any issue within 30 days. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 0844 209 20 36
7. Typographical and Pricing Errors
In the event a product or service listed is at an incorrect price due to typographical error or error in pricing information, we shall have the right to refuse to meet or to cancel any orders placed for that product or service whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase an order is cancelled, we shall immediately issue a credit to your credit/debit card account in the amount of the charge.
8. Matters Beyond our Reasonable Control
Plum Baby shall not be held responsible for any breach of the Agreement caused by circumstances out of its control including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fire, lightning, flood, or extremely severe weather, explosion, war, disorder, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees), acts or omissions or Internet services providers or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities.
9. Service access
We endeavour to ensure that this website is available 24 hours a day. However, we will not be liable if for any reason it is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to this website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
We respect your privacy and will treat all information as confidential.
When you shop on the Plum Baby website, we will ask you to enter data such as your name, email address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information or special instructions to service your order.
Please note that we will not pass on your details to third party organisations and that your personal details are held securely and in strict confidence. We only use your information for the following purposes:
- To process your order(s)
- To inform you of new products or promotions that may be of interest to you upon your consent
- To analyse website statistical information and improve administration of the website
In the event of conflict or inconsistency between the terms of English language version of this Agreement and any translation provided by us, the English language version will prevail.
In the event that any term of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of this Agreement will remain valid and enforceable.
Terms and Conditions
- Competitions are open to all UK residents, except employees and their families of Plum Baby, its agents or anyone connected with the promotion.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete forms when competitions involve registering as a ‘Plum Mum’
- Those that have entered and correctly filled out the form, including their full address, will be chosen at random at the end of the competition date as stated for each one.
- No purchase necessary
- Prizes are not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- Once registered, you will be enrolled as a ‘Plum Mum’ and will received monthly newsletters and offers.
- Plum will never pass your data to a third party, unless otherwise stated in the competition and with your full consent
- All winners of competitions will receive a confirmation email within 14 days of the draw, sadly only winners will be notified so if you do not hear from us please presume you haven’t won. In the event that the winner has not responded within 14 days of notification then Plum, and/or the promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize to the reserve winner.
- By entering winners agree that if they win they will participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter or its agencies.The winners’ name may be posted online at www.plum-baby.co.uk or on other social media networks for at least one month.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes of equal value if, due to circumatances beyond its reasonable control, the stated prizes are no longer available.
- Please allow 28 days from confirmation email for your prize to arrive.
- All competitions and offers are non-refundable and cannot be transferred. No cash alternative is available.
- By entering the promotion entrants confirm they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondance will be entered into
- The Promoter or its agencies accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or damage suffered through acceptance of the prize.
- The Promoter or is agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of techincal failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of The Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of entry.
- The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering or to have tampered with the operation of the promotion or Plum Baby website, or to be acting in violation of these terms and conditions.
- To the full extend permitted by law the Promoter will not accept liability for any loss, damage, injury or death arising from this promotion beyond its reasonable control.
- The Promoter will give one month’s notice on this website of any intention to cancel or amend these conditions.
Taste Adventures Competition – Mon 16rd July – Thu 4th October 2012 T&Cs
1. The prize promotion is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over except employees of Plum (and their families), as well as their representatives or agents. Any entries submitted by agents or third parties will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter.
2. By entering the prize promotion, you hereby warrant that all the information submitted by you in your application is true.
3. The prizes are as follows:
- 1 free Taste Adventures sample for each day of the competition.
All sample winners for each week will be drawn on the following Monday.
- 1 free family restaurant meal for each week of the competition.
The prize will entitle the winner and his or her family (up to four people in total) to a meal at one of several local restaurants chosen by our prize provider. The prize does not include any travel expenses, and must be redeemed within 12 months of the competition end date.
- Grand prize: A one-week holiday for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) at San Lucianu Beach Resort, Corsica.
Included are British Airways flights, transfers, accommodation, half board, evening crèche, windsurfing and sailing tuition, tennis, mountain biking and fitness classes. Offer valid from May 2013 until September 2013 and excludes any dates between 28/07/2013 – 31/09/2013.The winner may add additional people to the booking at a charge specified by Mark Warner. Extras such as childcare, RYA courses, drinks and full-board upgrades are not included. Mark Warner terms and conditions also apply.
4. The prize(s) are not transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative.
5. If any winner is unable for whatever reason to accept the prize(s) then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize(s) to another participant.
6. The Closing Date for this prize promotion is 5:00pm on the 4th October 2012, and any entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted by the Promoter. Entries will be accepted from 11:00am on Mon 16th July 2012 to 5:00pm on Thu 4th October 2012.
7. Winner(s) will be notified by email and/or phone up to 7 working days after the Closing Date. To contact you we will use the contact details supplied by you when entering the prize promotion.
8. Only one entry per person is permitted; the entry will be automatically entered into each prize draw after the time of entry. However, entrants can receive an extra entry into each subsequent prize draw by posting the competition to their Facebook wall after entering. Winners will be selected at random from all entries received; if there are no entries, the prize will be rolled over to the next draw. There will be a total of 94 winners for the competition. Winners of the free sample and restaurant meal prizes will be drawn for each week of the competition on the following Monday morning. The final grand prize winner will be drawn after the competition closes at 5:00pm on Thu 4th October 2012.
9. Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries that the Promoter does not receive.
10. The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion, and the Promoter shall have the right to use each winner’s name, likeness, image, voice and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the prize promotion in all media without further notice and without the need to make any payment to any winner for such use.
11. The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the prize promotion.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize promotion at anytime without prior notice. Any changes will be posted within the rules on the site.
14. The competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.
Plum Baby Ltd
Registered Office: The Old Boathouse, Mill Lane, Taplow, SL6 0AA
Plum Baby is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you have provide to us, will be processed by us.
It is Plum Baby’s policy NOT to make our mailing list available to any other parties and we promise never to disclose personal information about you and your family. (we would only pass on your email address if we received specific permission to do so from you, or if we asked for information by the police, in line with the Data Protection Act).
The only emails you will receive from us are a single registration confirmation plus our monthly newsletter. We may also, very occasionally, contact you with an important piece of news about the site but we recognise that you don’t want your mailbox clogged up and we would keep contact to a minimum.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purpose, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Plum Baby Limited, The Old Boathouse, Mill Lane, Taplow SL6 0AA
Plum Cookery School
- The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over excluding employees (and their immediate families) of The Splat Cookery School and Plum, it’s agents or anyone professionally connected with this promotion. All entrants must have a child between the age of six months and one year old on the closing date to be considered and must be willing to bring their child to the Cookery School. Childcare will be provided if necessary.
- Any entries submitted by agents, third parties or those automatically generated by computer will be invalid and will not be accepted by the Promoter. No bulk entries.
- The competition closes at 5.30pm on Tuesday 12th June 2012 for receipt of all entries by the promoter.
- You may enter this competition by emailing email@example.com, giving your name, address and name and age of child. A shortlist of ten will be chosen at random (overseen by an independent person) and then asked to explain in 50 words or more why they think they should win. Winners will be judged on the following criteria: genuine, emotional reasons for wanting to take part and learn about weaning and how comfortable they feel in front of a camera. A judging panel appointed by the promoter including at least one independent person will select the final 5 winners based on the set criteria, in their own opinion. (One winner will be selected from the pool of entries via mumsnet. One winner will be selected from the pool of entries from ASDA customers. Two winners will be selected from the remaining pool of consumer entries. One winner will be selected from all journalist entries.)
- The final four consumer winners will then be asked to take part in a skype interview before they are announced to be the winners. The skype interview will happen on Tuesday 5th June and it’s a condition of prize acceptance that the interview dates are met.
- Filming will occur at the sessions at the Cookery School, along with their babies. By participating all winners herby grant the promoter, and assigns the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to photograph and video the participant and babies, and assigns the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit, and reproduce the winners’ and baby’s name, address, e-mail address, country of origin, statements, photographs, or other visual representations or likeness, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other material, including without limitation, text, photographs, or images, in any medium including, but not limited to the internet and other electronic media, and for any and all purposes, including but not limited to advertising, publicity, promotion, and trade, throughout the UK without restriction as to manner, frequency, or duration of usage or any other purpose whatsoever in connection with the sale and marketing of products.
- Cookery School participants will be asked to continue their own filming at home about continuing their weaning journey, which will be considered for upload to the Plum social media channels and You Tube.
- By entering the prize promotion, you hereby warrant that all the information submitted by you in your application is true and your own work.
- The prize;
- Four prizes on the Plum Cookery School for all consumer entries received.
- One prize on the Plum Cookery School for all journalist entries received.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be free on June 26th and 27th 2012
- All travel expenses paid from the winner’s home to the Plum Cookery School, Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire
- Overnight accommodation close to the venue, 3* star hotel included breakfast
- £500 incentive
- A video camera for filming to be continued at home
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted for a cash alternative.
- Due to the time critical nature of the prize, entrants must be accepted their win within three days of notification, any claims not received by the promoter within this timeframe will be disqualified.
- If any winner is unable for whatever reason to accept the prize and attend the sessions, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant in accordance with the terms and conditions.
- You must be the legal guardian of said child in order to bring them along to the Cookery School.
- Winner(s) will be notified by phone and/or email by 8th June 2012 and will be contacted via the details supplied at entry.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Submission of entries will not constitute proof of receipt and no responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries that the Promoter does not receive. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or corruption of data in transit. No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged in the post or elsewhere. Illegible, incomplete, late or defaced entries will be disqualified.
- A list of winners’ names and counties can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Promoter after the Closing Date.
- The winner(s) agree to participate in any publicity or other such promotional activities which the Promoter may reasonably require in connection with the prize promotion
- The decision of the Promoter is final and binding in all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any applicant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the applicant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this prize promotion at anytime without prior notice if circumstances make this unavoidable.
- Journalists only: Participants should seek permission from their employer (if relevant) before entry into this promotion. Any tax liability as a result of entry is the participants own.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter; Plum Baby, The Old Boathouse, Taplow, SL6 0AA
Comments are closed.